2. Detroit-area garage single I didn't even know existed. Somewhat happy I did not win.
3. Detroit-area girl-band single I didn't know existed. Definitely happy I did not win. Probably sucks.
4. I'm slowly trying to acquire big time Detroit rap titles for the archive. Found out late in the game this was erroneously listed as an original pressing and withdrew my bid. Glad I did not win, but not willing to spend $8500 asking price on Discogs for an OG.
5. Was able to grab the Friars' other single, but this one NEVER turns up. Probably should've bid a little more. Bummed I did not win.
6. I'm a sucker for the Correc-Tone label. And an instrumental with a title like "Monkey Whip"...how could you go wrong?
7. Another big-time Detroit rap title. I still need this one...badly. Hook a honkey up...someone.
8. I think I've lost the last 3 auctions for L.S.D. How in the hell? Do you think these guys ever even tried LSD? Probably.
9. Private press, Michigan psych-folk...I've been known to take a chance on the genre before. Anything more than that $$ is beyond my level of interest and enjoyment of the genre.
Some observations...all of these titles are Detroit/Michigan records. Yeah, shit's serious. Three rap 12"s. I was the second-highest bidder on all but three of the auctions. I like my bid amounts to repeat numbers or patterns. In the same amount of time I won auctions for nine records that cost me a combined total of $277.79.