Fatherhood has provided me with the greatest excuse to share the things I love. Below is a list, roughly in popular/frequency order, of the albums my daughter Violet has enjoyed most in her first eight months. I don't know what exactly they signify (if anything) but listening to music with her is second only to "making her laugh" for favorite activity that was new to me in 2013.
1. Nick Drake Pink Moon (both the first full song and album she ever heard)
2. Medico Doktor Vibes Liter Thru Dorker Vibes
3. Total Control Henge Beat
4. Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy
5. Bob Dylan Bringing it all Back Home
6. Duane Pitre Bridges
7. The Dirtbombs Party Store (pitched down minus six so it's nice and chilled out)
8. Peter Walker Has Anybody Seen Our Freedoms?
9. Ella Jenkins Jambo
And one she hated:
Sun Ra The Heliocentric Worlds of Sun Ra
(Can't say I really disagree with her on this one)