To help celebrate their ten years of performing together, here are ten juicy nuggets of White Stripes trivia you may or may not have heard before...
- If you listen closely, you can hear the pet chihuahua Elroy on the song "Sugar Never Tasted So Good"
- the first White Stripes silk-screened poster (not including the Gutterfest '99 mention) was printed on thrift store LP's (not the sleeves but the actual records) for a show in Milwaukee opening for the Mistreaters in 1999. These were printed by Eric Von Munz.
- No one has yet to successfully discover the final easter egg from their Under Blackpool Lights DVD.
- They have played "Do You Love Me Know?" by the Breeders and "I've Been Loving You Too Long" by Otis Redding in rehearsals, but never in the live setting.
- Their first show outside of the Detroit area was in Toronto at Club Shanghai on October 14th, 1997.
- The first magazine that ever put the White Stripes on the cover was a photocopied fanzine called Hot Dog.
- the White Stripes have opened for both the Pretty Things and the Rolling Stones
- the 3" record for "The Denial Twist" is only available personally from Jack White
- people who've performed live on stage with the band include (but are not limited to): Chris McInnis, Chris Mistreater, Steve Nawara, Steve Damstra, Beck, Jeff Beck, Johnny Walker, Jack Lawrence, Jools Holland, Hector Macquarrie and Loretta Lynn
- no one has yet to properly identify the mysterious white object in Jack White's hand on the cover art for the album Get Behind Me Satan
Got any good triva yourselves? Post it in the comments. I live for this shit.