Saturday, December 23, 2006

I'm Making This Up As I Go Along...

The Tremble HQ is in disarray as an Ikea Expedit shelving unit has found its way in here. I've never before seen the spines of some of these LP's...why didn't anyone tell me the spine for "Superfuzz Bigmuff" was so cool?

In case you're curious, here's how I organize my records.
7"s: Four categories.
1. White performers, pre-MC5 (mainly 60's garage and pop junk)
2. Soul/Funk
3. Post-MC5
4. Sub Pop 1988-1996 (all post-'96 Sub Pop singles are filed in the Post-MC5 section)

12"s
1. Hip-Hop/Disco 12" singles
2. Everything else
(there used to be a Sub Pop LP section, but they've been integrated into 'Everything Else' with the advent of the Expedit shelving)

These of course do not include the "To Listen To" boxes which are a totally mess. With the exception of "To Listen To" everything is alphabetized.

No comments: