Monday, June 01, 2009

DJ Set for the Turbo Fruits Shindig...

With Swank by my side, here's the shit I played (vinyl-style) with only one working turntable. That made song-to-song transitions an exercise in dexterity. An original Checker pressing of Bill and Will's "Goin' to the River" was the only record completely snapped in half and left unplayable.

Sides one and two of "Wild Things" compilation LP
Mountains and Rainbows – Knock You Out
The Jesters of Newport – Stormy
The Orange Wedge – From the Womb to the Tomb
Link Wray - Hidden Charms
Roy Head – Just a Little Bit
The Dead Weather – I Cut Like a Buffalo
The Horrors - Shadazz
A Number of Names – Sharevari
Viva L'American Death Ray Music – Dub SS
The Fabs – That's the Bag I'm In
The Glass Sun – Stick Over Me
The Black Lips – Born to Be a Man
Gardens – All is School, All are Teachers
Jay Reatard – Gamma Ray
Randy and the Radiants – My Way of Thinking
Dick Rabbit – Love
The Treniers – Poon Tang
Death – Politicians in My Eyes
Detroit Grand Pubahs – Sandwiches (Bloated Evil Bread Dub)

3 comments:

Dillon said...

How the hell do you snap a record in half? A 45 at that...

Was the turn table on the stage? I can't imagine there being enough light anywhere else.

I was so bummed when I found out this show coincided with an already planned family vacation. Kicked myself even more when I found out you guys were DJing. Sucks.

Anonymous said...

The Dead Weather – I Cut Like a Buffalo!?

Damn, there's going to be a lot of mysterious gaps in those TMR numbers.

Anonymous said...

GARDENS!